Student Computer and Internet Agreement
I have read this Agreement and know the importance of the school rules for the use of computers and the Internet. I know that if I break these rules, I might lose the right to use a school computer, and the school may take other disciplinary action against me, which could include my removal from any course that involves computer use.
Parents / Caregivers
I have read this Agreement and understand that my child is responsible for using school equipment and the Internet as outlined here.
I have gone through the agreement with my child and explained its importance, and that there may be consequences for breaking the Agreement.
I understand while the school will do its best to restrict student access to offensive, dangerous, inappropriate at school, or illegal material on the Internet or through e-mail, it is the responsibility of my child to have no involvement in such material.
Student Computer and Internet use Agreement
I Understand That
- The school will do its best to keep me safe while using global information systems such as the computer and the Internet.
- The only purpose for school computers and other Information Technology resources is to support teaching and classroom learning.
- I know that I am not permitted to access material through the Internet which is offensive (e.g. pornographic), dangerous, inappropriate at school, or illegal*.
- I am forbidden to pass on such material by copying, storing or printing it.
- If I use e-mail at school, I am not permitted to send any messages which are offensive, dangerous, inappropriate at school, or illegal*.
- I may use the Internet or e-mail at school only if there is a teacher supervising me.
Students* Please ask your teacher if you need any of these terms explained to you.
I Understand How Important It Is To
Take Care of Information Technology Resources, such as Computers and the Internet.
- Be careful with equipment and furniture.
- Respect the copyrights on software that prohibit copying.
- Use only school software on school computers.
Be Considerate of Other Users
- Share available equipment.
- Be careful not to waste computer resources, e.g. paper.
- Avoid disruption of the running of any computer or network.
- Take care not to scan or display graphics, record or play sounds, or type messages which could cause offence to others.
- Remove immediately from the screen any material that would not be allowed at the school which I accidentally come across, and tell the teacher right away.
Be Responsible for Privacy and Security
- I will not give anyone on the Internet information about myself or anyone else – this includes
- Address, phone number, photograph or credit card information.
- I will use USB | Memory sticks | Pen drives or other storage devises to backup work to take it to and from home.
- I will tell the teacher if I come across a virus or security problem.
Student and Parent’s/Caregiver’s please complete the Computer and Internet Agreement Permission Form