My construction was a chicken feeder. It works by pushing down the lever and lifts the lid. For this to work you must know or learn about levers.
We gathered the tools and materials that we would need.
- Get all your equipment :
- A drill to drill some holes, a shoe box, 3 pieces of wood, 2 short levers and 2 long levers, a Dremel to cut and sand stuff down, scissors, some screws and nuts and some hand tools.
- Drill 2 holes on the lid in the front sides, 2 holes on top of the lid and 2 holes on the side of the box.
- Get 1 of each lever and join them together with screws and nuts. Do the same with the other 2 as well.
- Then attach both the short levers on each side of the lid where the holes are and attach the 2 long ones one the box where the holes are. While you are attaching the long levers to the side attach one of the pieces of wood on the inside the hole so when you put the screw in, it goes through the lever, box and in the wood.
- Take your second piece of wood and put it between both the long levers so then to test it out quickly put something kind of heavy inside. Next pull the handle and it will open. To stop the lid from going too far back, take your last piece of wood and where you put the 2 holes on top of the lid attach it there. Then you are finally done.